Libraries on Campus
We have three libraries on the AUST campus:
- The Sid Ahmed Baba Library (Mandela Hall)
- The Science Library (Computer Center
- Mathematics Institute Library
- Sid Ahmed Baba Library: Monday-Friday 8:00am- 5:00pm
- Science Library: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Mathematics Institute Library: 8.00am-5.00pm
- Group Study: The Library has a variety of open spaces for study. Group study can be carried out in these spaces. You can also book private rooms for group study.
- Silent Study: For those who prefer to study in private, there are provisions to do so.
Our Library holds various resources which include: Books, Journals, Theses and Dissertations, Reference materials, Audio-Visuals, On-Line Resources, Reading Lists.
AUST currently has access to the following databases. IP verification from the campus network is required to access the JSTOR database. The OARE database requires a login, which can be obtained from the library.
- Nature Journal: Nature – the world’s best science and medicine on your desktop
- Journal of Fixed Point Theory: Fixed Point Theory-An International Journal on Fixed Point Theory, Computation and Applications.
- American Institute of Physics Advances (AIP Advances)
- American Institute of Physics Materials (AIP Materials):APL Materials is an open access journal featuring original research on significant topical issues within the field of materials science, including nanomaterials and nanostructures, electronic, magnetic ; optical materials, organic materials, polymers, biomaterials, energy and environment materials, carbon ; amorphous materials, and general functional materials. The journal emphasizes very high quality, timely work. Our vision is to be the foremost, rapid publication, high impact materials journal.”.
- AGORA: AGORA will provide access to 1278 journals from the world’s leading academic publishers.[Password required. Contact the Librarian.]
- Bentham Open E-Journals: Bentham Open contains peer reviewed open access journals, (downloadable) which can be accessed by a click on “Journals By Subject”.
- eJDS: eJDS provides free e-journals that can be accessed by individual registration with an application form attached. The resources are for scientists and will be useful to faculties.
- Free Journals: Hindawi journals are open access and distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution.
- HINARI: HINARI provides free or very low cost online access to the major journals[Password required. Contact the Librarian.]
- Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology
- Journal of Convex Analysis
- JSTOR: A database dedicated to helping the scholarly community.
- Kaye and Laby: This information spans topics from fundamental constants to fibre optics, superconductivity to Raman spectroscopy and many others. The contents will be regularly reviewed and updated to reflect advances and developments in the fields of physics and chemistry.
- OARE: Online Access to Research in the Environment. [Password required. Contact the Librarian.]
- World Development Report Online: Access to reports on world developments since the first report in 1978 [Password required. Contact the Librarian.]
- Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincare (C) Non Linear Analysis
- Journal of Differential Geometry and its Applications
- Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics
Other online Resources:
- Click here to download the PanAmerican Mathematical Journal
- OnePetro: A unique library of technical documents and journal articles serving the E&P industry. [Register with your AUST email account to login]
- MIT Open Course Ware
- edX free courses
- Massive Open Online Courses
- Canvas network (Open, Online Learning for Everyone, Everywhere)